Sunday 24 June 2007

Blogger is very clever - I'm in Cyprus right now, so when I came to this site, everything was in Greek. I logged on, and quickly used my knowledge of interface design to find the drop-down menu I could use to change the language. Now THAT is impressive. No, not my ability to navigate in completely foreign scripts, but the ability of Blogger to be designed in such a user-friendly fashion. I mean, just like that, the language of the script changed completely. Breathtaking. Give it a try for yourselves. It's rare that a computer program will impress me, but Blogger just seems to get better and better...

- - - - -

I had to come in from outside, because it was getting dark. I sat down with a head full of ideas, and no sooner did I start getting them all out onto paper, then the light faded. I then wandered around the romantically-lit grounds of the Aphrodite Hills resort in search of a proper light source beneath which I could write. I finally found one, though it was in the middle of the main thoroughfare between the hotel and the restaurant area. I was able to sit and write stuff, but every now and again my concentration would be broken by some terribly overweight women. Seriously, I don't know what it is about this place... I've spent a week wondering why the gym was so empty, and why the portions of food they serve in the restaurants are so large, but I think I know the answer now.

Whatever, eventually an absolutely gorgeous couple walked by. The guy smiled at me, and when I saw the girl he was with, I realised exactly why he was smiling. My eyes nearly popped out of their head, I nearly stood up to say "Good Evening!" But I just finished my paragraph, closed my book, and headed to the hotel to sneak in some free time on this supposedly very costly internet terminal...

- - - - -

I have only four pages left in my diary, and I could fill them very quickly. That is why I've had to resort to Blogger. I'm now worried that I won't find another book to write my thoughts down in before I get back to England. Whatever will I do if such a case arises? Will I resort to writing graffiti on the rocks that lie about Aphrodite Hills? Will I use up every last sheet of toilet paper in the house, and start screaming because my pen is clogged up with tissue? Or will I just get out the Henna and start writing on everybody I meet?

- - - - -

I've been distracted too many times by too many things this evening: this blog was never going to go anywhere, and it's just been totally derailed anyway...

No comments: